Weekend Events-Minus the race

Wow. What a whirlwind weekend.

I will do my best to have the race recap up tonight or first thing in the morning.

The race was Sunday morning, but that wasn’t the only thing we crammed into the weekend.

See…as a Hutton when we do things as a family…we do almost everything possible as a family.

Aron and I left Sheridan Friday late afternoon to make it to Cheyenne that night. We rolled into Cheyenne about 1130 pm. I was able to keep my eyes open long enough to take my contacts out and change into pjs.

We were planning on meeting Julia at the packet pickup the next morning around 10, so we were up by 7 ish and on the road at 8.

We made it to packet pickup and met up with Julia. I told her good luck and wished her a good nights sleep.

We were back on the road headed north to watch a good friend play baseball for the University of Wyoming.


Pete is a seasonal firefighter on the Bighorns up here. I have known him since his first summer on the forest. Since that day in seasonal orientation that I met him I have called him Wisconsin. Nothing else.

We caught two games Saturday afternoon and they won both of them! It was fantastic getting to see Wisconsin, and getting to see him play. He had his own personal cheering section.

We headed back into Denver, grabbed some dinner at Olive Garden and headed off to bed about 10pm.

I didn’t sleep well the night before.

Fast forward over the half…I want that to have its own post. After the race we hurried back to the hotel so I could shower and then we were off to 20th and Blake to watch more boys of summer.


The Rockies were in town and we were happy to watch them in only their 3rd game this season at Coors Field.


The weather looks fantastic, but then it started to rain and snow, yes snow, about an hour before the game was suppose to start. I was just praying that it didn’t get delayed. We were on a pretty tight schedule. But after Mother Nature threw her fit the skies cleared for a gorgeous day.


We had a hockey game to get to at 6 pm. We were prepared to leave the baseball game early, but it wasn’t necessary. We were able to watch the whole 9 innings. Unfortunately the Rockies lost, but still nice to catch a game.

After the baseball game we were off to the Pepsi Center.

The Avs were hosting the Penguins. My sister is Miss Crosby…but unfortunately he was injured and didn’t even play.

I love going to the Pepsi Center. It doesn’t have a bad seat in the house. We got lucky to sit in club level and were in the Avs attack zone twice.

The Avs were down 0-2 going into the third period. They made an epic comeback and had the game tied. The game unfortunately ended with the Penguins winning a shootout.

I told Aron that we need to watch the Avs at the beginning of the season. I love watching hockey. Luckily the Avs are in the playoffs.

We were home by 930 Saturday night. I was actually feeling pretty good considering I hadn’t really “rested” after the race.

Monday morning, however, it had definitely caught up to me. I didn’t want to get up. I didn’t want to travel home. I actually took a lengthy nap while we were driving. Somehow I missed the best parts of I-25.

We got home yesterday afternoon around 330 and we immediately were welcomed with wet kisses and muddy paws that couldn’t seem to keep themselves off of us.

We took the dogs to the dog park and let them run a little so they didn’t think we totally abandoned them.

I crashed hard last night and woke up this morning with a sore throat. BUT my body feels good and I am going to attempt an easy run this afternoon. With upper 60s as the high, how could I not??


Posted on April 8, 2014, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: